Frequently Asked Questions

man on motorcycle

What should I do if I’ve been involved in a vehicle collision?

Please follow these steps in order whenever possible:

  1. Make sure that someone calls 9-1-1 if you or someone else has been hurt, and do not attempt to move the injured individuals or vehicles unless they are in danger where they are.
  2. Secure the accident scene from oncoming traffic and identify the other driver(s) and/or any potential witnesses. Write down their names and phone numbers.
  3. Do not discuss the collision with anyone except the investigating police officer.
  4. Take notes and pictures of the scene and remain there until the injured have been assisted or transported to a hospital and the police clear the area.
  5. Call the Kantor Gullo Law Firm for a no obligation free consultation as soon as possible.
  6. Remember that injuries, including some that are serious, are not always immediately evident. Go to your doctor as soon as possible and advise any passengers or others involved to do the same.
  7. Notify your insurance company. Failure to do so could jeopardize your case and potentially cause the insurance company to deny coverage.

Where do you have offices and what areas do you take cases from?

For railroad injury cases, we have offices in Buffalo, New York City, Connecticut, and Michigan and we proudly accept cases from anywhere in the United States.

For motorcycle and other injury cases we have our main offices in Buffalo, NY, and we represent riders and other injured individuals from anywhere in the state of New York.

What does it cost to have the Kantor Gullo Law firm represent me or a surviving family member?

If you or someone you love has been injured, please note that there is no cost for an initial consultation with one of our attorneys to talk about the case and determine what your next steps should be. If you then decide to hire us to represent you, there is still no cost to you, unless we are able to secure a settlement or win your case in court. If we do get a settlement or win your case in court, then our fees are equal to the New York State Bar Association’s pre-determined allowable percentage, which is 33.3%. That amount is deducted from your overall financial remedy, so if you receive nothing there will be no charge at all for the work we’ve done on your behalf. And you will never be required to “write a check” up front to pay for our services.

What other types of injury cases do you handle besides motorcycle injuries and railroad worker injuries?

We have proudly handled and continue to work with all types of serious injury and wrongful death cases; including but not limited to other types of vehicle accidents, construction, hazardous work sites, slip and fall and other premises liabilities, environmental contamination, and others.